So today is the first anniversary of my first blog! It started off slow, but a month ago I decided to pick it up a notch. In honor of this milestone, I’m starting a new feature called Monday Menu – five quick and healthy supper ideas for the busy week ahead. Whether you meal plan weekly or wing it in the grocery store, check out my weekly lists for inspiration and new suppertime ideas.
- Eggs, toast and fruit – We like to have breakfast for supper quite often and the kids always love it. We usually go for scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast or English muffins, melons and berries. Sometimes we add breakfast sausage or bacon or make it an omelette with diced mushrooms, peppers and cheese.
- Salsa chicken, corn on the cob and sliced cucumbers – Always a favorite, salsa chicken can be made either in the slow cooker or oven. Chicken breasts, salsa, diced peppers and shred when done in the slow cooker or top with cheddar for the last 5 minutes in the oven.
- BLT and side salad – It’s halfway through the week, time for something quick and easy. We use whole wheat bread or a wrap and always add cheese. A simple garden or spinach salad with red onion, diced peppers and strawberries make a great addition.
- Ground turkey, diced veggies and rice – Brown the ground turkey and add seasoning or herbs of your choice. Add diced veggies like peppers, onion, celery and some mushrooms. Once the rice is cooked, toss it in with the turkey and veggies and stir around to blend the flavors.
- Tortilla Pizza – Friday night is pizza time, but you can make it a lighter option by making it with a whole wheat flour tortilla (or other flavor of your choice). My favorite combinations are bbq sauce, diced chicken, tomatoes and onion or pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms and green peppers.
If you have any suggestions for Monday Menu, please comment below.