This is my first week taking part in the Five on Friday link up with some fabulous bloggers! Be sure to check out their links below to see what they’re up to this week.
Fall officially began this week, the days are getting shorter and the air is getting cooler. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year (ok, maybe I’m partial to it because my birthday was yesterday). Here’s my Five on Friday for my favorites of fall.
- Fall foods and flavors – preserves, roasted root vegetables, hearty soups, apple crisp, and pumpkin everything! Warm the belly foods and nose tingling scents.
- Earlier darkness – I love the long summer nights but fall evenings make for earlier (and easier!) bedtimes.
- Empty playgrounds – We homeschool, so we love the fall when the playgrounds and attractions empty out and places aren’t so crowded during the day.
- Harvest Moon – every year my mom reminisces to when I was born along side the bright harvest moon (the full moon that accompanies the autumnal equinox). This year is extra special, the harvest moon will be a super moon and there will be a lunar eclipse. Be sure to be watching the sky Sunday evening.
- Halloween – Parties, candy, costumes, what’s not to love?
Be sure to check out the other bloggers for their Five on Friday posts!