It’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada so this week my Five on Friday will be Five Reasons I’m thankful for homeschooling.
- I am really learning who my children are, as well as more about myself. I’m learning about our personalities (as differing as they may be at times), learning styles, emotions and triggers.
- We can learn at our own pace. If it takes them a little while to catch on to reading, that’s ok. If we want to immerse ourselves in a topic, we can do that too
- My girls are remaining close. Instead of maybe growing apart if they were in separate classrooms all day, they playing dress up and make up stories together.
- Anytime / anywhere. The girls can get the sleep they need and we don’t need to rush to begin our day. Our science lessons can be outside, we discuss social studies while running errands, and even a trip to the grocery store can be a educational field trip.
- We learn together. I easily get asked hundreds of questions each day. I don’t know the answers to all of them so we look them up together. As I see their love of learning grow, so does mine.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you and your family and be sure to check out what these lovely bloggers are thankful for.